Wednesday 18 September 2013

Last day of work

Today is my last day of work!

No, I have not quit my job, and I am not going to be a stay-at-home-mum forever. It is the beginning of my 5-month maternity leave.

5-month is the longest break I am going to have ever since I started work some seven years ago. Though I will be busy at home wiping backside and changing diapers, and it is probably a little messier and dirtier than my 9-6pm office job, I seriously don't mind at all.

I am going to spend a lot of time cuddling my new born baby. I finally can be there to say "Good morning" when Kah Yen wakes up in the morning. I look forward to husband and Kah Yen coming back home every evening with meals on the table. And I can't wait for our family of four spending quality time together in the evenings before I send the kids to bed one by one.

And there will surely be more me-time and couple time too comparing to when I work full time. I hope to do more reading and journalling during this period. I hope to pick up something new too, probably art & craft so that I can do more meaningful activities together with Kah Yen.

How exciting!

No comments:

Post a Comment