Tuesday 11 September 2012

The imaginative see-saw

I am starting to believe that simple toys foster imaginations better than battery-powered, complicated toys. I noticed more than a few times Kah Yen having imaginative play with her simple toys, I was very happy to see her imagination and creativity evolving.

This morning, I left her play on our bed for a while when I went for my shower, as usual this includes transfering all her soft toys from her cot to our bed as well.

And when I came out from shower, before I entered into our room, I heard her chanting "Qiao qiao ban, Qiao qiao ban" (Chinese for see-saw), the way we usually did when we play at the playground. What was she up too? I was quite eager to see, and when I entered into the room, this is what I saw:

Kah Yen was playing see-saw with all her friends on our big bolster. Note how she has placed her friends one by one on the other end of the see-saw, in a very orderly fashion! I am mighty too big to sit on the bolster otherwise I would have jumped on the bed to join them. Fun times they are having!



No comments:

Post a Comment